Orthodox chick

Orthodox chick

April 20, 2009

Christ is Risen!

I just started my blogging journey today. I feel the excitement in my stomach and the feeling that this is something that I will enjoy at this stage of my life. I should not be intimidated by not being a native speaker as I hope it will be a humbling but rewarding experience.
My family of four had a wonderful Holy Week even though I long for more young families in our parish. I so much want my girls to have some Orthodox buddies so that they don't feel a minority in our community (given that we usually celebrate Easter later than the Catholics and Protestants). Therefore, Sylvia's "adventures of an orthodox mom" was a revelation to me: it does not matter how many Orthodox christians you have in your everyday life; Church starts from our home. I want to learn from all the wonderful women who are out there, blogging or not, and are doing their best to live in Christ and grow in their Faith. I don't know what to expect from me starting a blog (I was never good at keeping a diary; I'd start the first few days all happy and excited at the prospect of expressing myself on these wonderfully designed pages, pink and all, and then my excitement would wane and fade. I have a bunch of diaries from my childhood that are empty but the first few pages). I am very happy to be out there, too, and connect with other people who strive to learn, listen, smell, taste and see our Lord and to pass on everything onto my two little angels. St. Kyriaki help me and guide me!

3 comments:

  1. Indeed He is Risen!

    I am so happy that you've joined our blogging "community". I have made such wonderful friends in "Orthodox blogland".

    I am very excited to get to know more about you as well!!

    Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blog World. May God bless you on this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is great! And it is difficult to live in this world/jungle and be close to God, but the closer we get the less difficult it becomes. I am sure that when the time is right for your daughters to find Orthodox friends, they will, and they will become life long friends as well.. God willing!

    voitheia sou!

    ReplyDelete